“If you think you can, you can, and if you think you can’t your right”
First clinic of the year - Short Game MasterClass 1
Friday April 20th - 14.00-18.30
The golf season is almost here. Get yours off to a scoring start!
You are invited to my first clinic of the year.
Ask yourself these questions?
- Are you hitting the ball well enough tee to green, but not scoring as well as you should or need?
- Do you duff, fat, or thin the ball around the green? <... Golf Coaching Sussex – Reflection on 2017. Improve in 2018! Let's make it happen! It’s that time of year to reflect. 2018 is now here, albeit rainy and windy, but another year lies ahead. Can you make 2018 better than 2017? I think you can! I've just been through this excerise myself, in my golf and in my coaching. I found it really beneficial, I think you will too! I will look to do this with all of you when I next see you next, but till then I would encourage you start the reflection process yourself. I I don't get the chance to see you soon, crack on anyways. So the things I want you to consider, did you achieve what you wanted in 2017? If so what was your strategy and formula, is it worth repeating again? Can you improve it further? Do you want more in 2018? If so what strategies do you need to...
- All putts are played 20ft to 60ft,
- Select 18 putt stations, random distances and locations. Place a tee down,
- Select 3 target holes,
- Place a club 3 ft behind each hole to create a zone.
- You must hole the final 15ft to complete the game.
- If you Par 3 in a row, you must start the game again
|... Week 7/8 Challenege 7: Be a 2 Putt King Description: Get great at distance control which will help reduce the number of 3 putts you take. The goal of this exercise is to see how many times you can play consecutive holes without 3 putting. Once you have a 3 putt, the game is over. Your score is the number of holes you complete in a row without a 3 putt. Here is an example of putting efficiency that Luke Donald displayed in 2011 when he reached world number 1. Out of 1206 holes he only 3 putted 15times. That's a 3 putt every 80th hole. Holes in a row without a 3 putt - 448. Impressivest stuff. I would suggest if you are only 3 putting once ever 36 holes, your putting well. But as you can see, a long way off from Mr Donald!? Why don't you keep a record from now on? To improve your efficiency practice the following game: Hit a ... Week 6/8. Challenge 6 - In the Zone Description: The goal of this task is to develop better distance control on long putts. This is a vital skill in reducing the frequency of 3 putts.|
Week 5/8 - Sprial Drill
Description: This challenge is to focus on developing the ability to hole out from key 'holing out' and 'mid-range' distances of 4-15ft. Place 12 tees down in a spiral shape starting at 4ft and going all the way around to 15ft.
Each putt is either for a par or birdie. The best score possible is 7 under par.
Always aim for a low score to keep pushing a personal best.
Constraint. Getting to easy, then turn up the heat and add pressure to yourself, try out the following;