A personal goal over the last few years has to become a better putting coach. As with any area of the game we can all improve our games by practice.
As you know there are different disciplines and types of practice depending on your;
- Personal goals and needs
- Facilities available to you
A great way to develop your game is by learning and developing skill. This can be achieved by setting particular tasks and games for a pupil which forces them to develop skill in order to complete the task.
Over the winter I did an 8 week plan to help develop skill and performance in your Long Game. I got some great feedback and many improved their golf.
For the next 8 weeks I will do a similar process, but now this time with your putting;
Here are some facts to help sell you the benefits of becoming a better putting. See if you match up?
What do great putters do?
- They will hole over 90% of putts 6 feet and closer,
- They therefore only miss once per round from 6ft and closer,
- The hole over 70ft of putts per round in total,
- They hole 40% of putts of mid-range (7-15ft),
- They will hole 50% of putts from 8ft,
- They will average under 30 putts per round,
- They will hole a putt from over 15ft each round,
- They 3 putt once every 36 holes,
- When winning their putting stats improve more than any other area.
Enjoy and stay tuned for your 8 week programme and improve your putting game.